Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Holy Trinity Church! We look forward to moving ahead in the membership process with you. Holy Trinity has two types of membership:
- Regular Membership is for those who reside locally.
- Associate Membership is primarily for undergraduate students, who will reside locally only temporarily (Book of Church Order §40-4).
There are five basic steps to the membership process:
1. Get involved in a Community Group Bible Study. We would love to get to know you and have you get to know us! Joining a Community Group is one of the best ways to build relationships with others and to grow in the knowledge of our Lord with others at Holy Trinity Church.
3. Familiarize yourself with the membership materials (see below).
4. Meet with a member of the Session (our Elders). We will contact you in regard to a meeting. They will ask you to affirm the six questions of membership once again and will inquire about your Christian character and experience. If you are transferring membership from another church you will need to provide the Session with a letter of commendation from that church prior to the meeting.
5. Profess your faith publicly during our service. The membership process culminates with your public assent to faith in Jesus Christ by means of the six questions for membership.