Holy Trinity Church’s vision is to see Chicago transformed by the power of the gospel of Jesus, by engaging our city missionally, growing mature disciples and communities, and accelerating a movement of the gospel from Chicago’s neighborhoods to great cities and nations of the world.
A gospel–changed city involves multiplying the number of mature Christians and communities throughout Chicago. Vibrant and mature communities reflect the pattern of Acts 2 in devotion to the Bible, deep fellowship, regular prayer and radical generosity and hospitality.
We develop mature disciples and communities in various ways.
- Community Groups - are the backbone of community at Holy Trinity and meet weekly in groups of 6-12 throughout the city in apartments, condominiums and homes
- Children's Ministry – help children love God with heart, soul and mind
- Youth Ministry – serves Junior High and Senior High students across our city
- University Ministry – reaches out to the over 500,000 university students in Chicago
- Sunday Classes – equip Chicagoans to think, live and serve Biblically
Director of Maturing Communities
Tom Barrett is the Director of Maturing Communities, and an Assistant Pastor with a focus on the North Side congregation. Tom is a native of Ireland, and immigrated to Chicago in 1994, where he spent 10 years working as a CPA, primarily in public accounting and consulting. He graduated with a Master of Divinity degree from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (TEDS) in 2007, and completed Holy Trinity Church’s ministry training program,The Chicago Plan, in April 2008. He is on the U.S. board of the Irish Bible Institute. Tom and his wife, Traci, have two daughters (Bronagh and Ashling) and have lived in the North Center neighborhood since 2001.
For more on HTC's Maturing Communities , read our 2009 Church Report: